A good salsa is one of the most basic and common toppings in any Mexican household and ours is not the exception!!
Below is the recipe of a burnt salsa that my husband found and that he loves to make for everyone.
For a small batch of this delicious burnt salsa you will need:
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 serrano pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- sea salt
- First of all you need to wash all your fresh ingredients.
- Set your burner on medium and let your comal heat.
- Once the comal is hot enough, put the tomatoes, serrano pepper, and the onion on it and cook them until everything it’s “burned” a little bit.
- Set it aside and let it cool down.
- Remove the steam from the serrano pepper, the root from the onion (if it has it) and place it in the blender along with the cilantro and sea salt to taste.
Note: Do not remove the burned parts!! You don’t wanna loose all the flavor!!
- Blend it and let it cool down.
Serve the salsa and enjoy it!!!.
You can use tortilla chips to eat it or add it as topping to any food.
Total cooking time: 1 hr.
Note: I am not sure that this is s traditional salsa because we Mexicans have too many salsas.
Although this is something that my gringo found in the internet and that he enjoys making for us.